cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tnewhart
Community Member

New Quizzes- DO NOT USE IT!

Jump to solution

Canvas encouraged the migration of old quizzes to new quizzes...and now I find out new quizzes won't migrate from old courses to new courses. Rendering these new quizzes essentially bricked.

To say nothing the fact that there are numerous issues with new quizzes on its own. This was a horrible rollout by instructure.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @tnewhart 

I agree with you wholeheartedly - New Quizzes is a mess, has always been a mess, and will always be a mess!

However, you can migrate them to new courses! How do I copy a quiz to another course in New Quizzes?

You may also want to explore......

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
3 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @tnewhart 

I agree with you wholeheartedly - New Quizzes is a mess, has always been a mess, and will always be a mess!

However, you can migrate them to new courses! How do I copy a quiz to another course in New Quizzes?

You may also want to explore......

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
dhulsey
Community Champion

@kmeeusen well, it does seem like a mess and one that Instructure has been working on for years. It has inspired me to use more essays and far fewer quizzes, but I wonder why Instructure keeps up the problematic approach of using an LTI for such core functionality. 

Hi @dhulsey 

Long time no see! How are you, my friend?

Sometimes it is hard to part with such a large investment in time and resources, sometimes it's just saving face. I'll leave the speculation to younger folks!

Take care,

Kelley