New Quizzes automatically being converted to Old Quizzes

Jump to solution
todd_gasparello
Community Novice

I am trying to design something as New Quizzes, but it keeps converting the quiz back to Old Quizzes.  I have turned on the New Quizzes setting in the Feature Options.  I am looking for advice on 1) how to ensure any quiz that I make is New Quizzes (already have turned in on it settings) and 2) how to prevent a New Quizzes from being copy and edited...but then when I save/return it coverts it back to an Old Quizzes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Todd

0 Likes
1 Solution
snugent
Community Champion

Hi Todd

When you turn on new quizzes in the feature options, this changes the behavior of the new quiz button the quiz index page. When you click the button you should see a dialog box that allows you to choose which quiz engine to use. It should be noted that you can only create new quizzes from the quiz index page at this time. 

How do I create an assessment using New Quizzes?

Technically, new quizzes is integrated tool so when you create a quiz in the new quizzes, it is considered an assignment in Canvas. When you add content to modules, use the assignment filter and you should be able to see the quizzes you created in new quizzes. This is confusing at first because new quizzes have assignment settings (points and due date) that are separate from the quiz settings that are applied when you are editing the quiz. 

How do I manage settings for an assessment in New Quizzes?

How do I edit a New Quizzes assessment?

View solution in original post