cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GideonWilliams
Community Champion

Next and Previous Buttons

Jump to solution

How do the Next and Previous buttons work on a Page?

I would love to be able to have a series of pages whose order and sequence I can control. I tried to do this with alphabetical naming of the pages but the pages do not go in order when I press Next, instead they jump all over the place.

Any help answering the question much appreciated

Thanks

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

@GideonWilliams have you set these pages up in a module?

If so, then you can see the sequence of pages and change their sequence by grabbing the 'egg container' on the left hand side  and moving the pages into the sequence you require.

Is that what you were after?

279057_modules.PNG 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

@GideonWilliams have you set these pages up in a module?

If so, then you can see the sequence of pages and change their sequence by grabbing the 'egg container' on the left hand side  and moving the pages into the sequence you require.

Is that what you were after?

279057_modules.PNG 

View solution in original post

GideonWilliams
Community Champion

What id like to do is not possible - I wanted to not show all the pages in the module (basically one embedded quiz per page) and still use the Next buttons to move to the pages in the Pages area but not displayed in the module..

I think I will have to create an internal navigation menu on the page...

Thanks for reminding me again though :O)

Perhaps you could hide the module from the navigation menu and just have a button that leads students to the first page of the module. Then your Next and Previous button will behave just as you want them to.

Next and previous heaven. 

Good luck  @GideonWilliams 

GideonWilliams
Community Champion

That is also another super suggestion...