cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svg18
Community Participant

No notifications from App

Jump to solution

All of a sudden, apparently for no reason, I no longer receive my push notifications (Instructor) from the Canvas App (iOS).  I logged out and back in to the App, but to no avail.

Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

I totally understand that! We're all in this together. Makes it so much better when you know you're not alone figuring something out. 🌟

Here's an update!

Hello, Our engineers have released a fix for this issue. You should be receiving push notifications from this point forward. We are sorry for any trouble this may have caused. Please let us know if the behavior continues or if you have any other questions. Kind Regards, Support Panda Notifier of Things

View solution in original post

svg18
Community Participant

Seems to be working now!!  Thank you and the engineers so, so much!  I really depend on the notifications and having them back feels like a new lease on life 🤣🤣😍!

6 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @svg18 - Notifications are helpful pieces in many instructors' workflow. I understand how important this question is.

This may be remedied by visiting iOS settings and Notification Center. In that list, look for Teacher, rather than Canvas Teacher. Do you have the option to change your notifications? If it all looks correct and you still don't receive notifications, perhaps double-check the version of iOS you're running and then uninstall and reinstall the app.

Let the Community know what you experience. We'll be here to help you troubleshoot.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @svg18  -- You are not the only Canvas user with this issue. The Canvas engineers are aware of the problem and are actively working on a fix. (I learned this because I submitted a ticket myself after not receiving notifications for inbox messages.) I'll place an update here once I hear back from support again.

svg18
Community Participant

Oh, that's actually good news!  Always best not to be an anomaly.

I will look forward to hearing an update when the problem is resolved.  Thank you so much for your help!

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

I totally understand that! We're all in this together. Makes it so much better when you know you're not alone figuring something out. 🌟

Here's an update!

Hello, Our engineers have released a fix for this issue. You should be receiving push notifications from this point forward. We are sorry for any trouble this may have caused. Please let us know if the behavior continues or if you have any other questions. Kind Regards, Support Panda Notifier of Things

svg18
Community Participant

Do I need to reset/refresh/etc.?

svg18
Community Participant

Seems to be working now!!  Thank you and the engineers so, so much!  I really depend on the notifications and having them back feels like a new lease on life 🤣🤣😍!