cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yunsha_ehtesham
Community Participant

No option to Moderate a Quiz?

Jump to solution

Hi Canvas Community! I have run into an issue Smiley Sad. I have published a quiz but the option to moderate it does not show up! From my understanding, the only requirement to moderate a quiz is that it must be published, which I have done. There are a few students in the class that need doubled time for their accommodations on each assessment. This is the first time the option to moderate has not shown up and I am not sure why. 

Is there an issue on my part that has caused this? I have included a screenshot of the page I see.  

No option to moderate a quiz

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yunsha_ehtesham
Community Participant

Hello! Update on the situation. 

I told my administration about Quizzes.Next. They wanted to do some testing on the new feature before deciding on implementing it. On the other hand, I figured out a way to make the "moderate" option show up on Canvas Quizzes. I noticed that the option only showed up once students started taking the assessment - this is contradictory since the Canvas guides says that all you have to do is publish the quiz for the option to appear. So basically, I tried to figure out a way to get a "student" to take the test before the class actually took it. Well when you use "student view" on Canvas it lists you as a test student. So all I had to do was start the test using this and when I left student view, the option to moderate was there since a "student" had already started taking the assessment!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
yunsha_ehtesham
Community Participant

Hello Jennifer!

Thank you so much for your reply. I have actually never heard of Quizzes.Next but it looks amazing! Unfortunately, I do not believe this is something my administration has access to. We still use Canvas Quizzes for all of our assessments. I was reading up on it and it seems that this is a program Canvas will implement in the future as the sole assessment solution but not as of right now.  

@yunsha_ehtesham ‌, we're glad to know you like what you see! Quizzes.Next is available to all paid Canvas accounts. Please have a look through the resources in the Quizzes.Next User Group‌ for more discussions and resources around the quiz tool. If you'd like to start testing the tool in a sandbox course, or would even like to try it out in a live course, please reach out to your school's Canvas admin for guidance.

Hello Stefanie! Thank you so much. This is definitely something I will run by my administration. Hopefully this is something we can implement Smiley Happy!

yunsha_ehtesham
Community Participant

Hello! Update on the situation. 

I told my administration about Quizzes.Next. They wanted to do some testing on the new feature before deciding on implementing it. On the other hand, I figured out a way to make the "moderate" option show up on Canvas Quizzes. I noticed that the option only showed up once students started taking the assessment - this is contradictory since the Canvas guides says that all you have to do is publish the quiz for the option to appear. So basically, I tried to figure out a way to get a "student" to take the test before the class actually took it. Well when you use "student view" on Canvas it lists you as a test student. So all I had to do was start the test using this and when I left student view, the option to moderate was there since a "student" had already started taking the assessment!

View solution in original post

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @yunsha_ehtesham 

I just created a quiz in one of my sandboxes, and Moderate this Quiz displayed without needing an attempt. I thought this was correct, because I routinely add my student accommodation times to all my quizzes at the start of the term when nobody has attempted any of them.

I would strongly recommend that you report this behavior to Canvas Support, since this is not the expected behavior.

See images below................

Quiz showing "Moderate this Quiz"......

294064_pastedImage_2.png

Same quiz displaying Moderation page showing no attempts (Don't panic, "Lisa" is not a student name).....

294065_pastedImage_4.png

I hope this helps,

Kelley

Hello Kelley!

Thank you so much for your advice. This is definitely something out of the ordinary. I'll be sure to report this to Canvas Support. 

Definitely helps Smiley Happy

Yunsha.