cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brandonhazzard
Community Participant

No pictures in Mobile Web on iOS 13.4

Jump to solution

In mobile web on iPad, I have had several students complain they can't see the pictures I posted in the quizzes.  They show up in the App, but nothing but squares in the assignments.  The iPads are on 13.4.1 and I have cleared the history and cache. I have used png and jpg and still no pictures. 

Anyone else having these issues?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi! I *think* that this thread may help you. As  @rmurchshafer  explains, there's a chance that the issue is being caused because

Safari now blocking all 3rd party cookies and cross-site tracking by default.  The only solution I've found for Safari is to uncheck the box to Prevent cross-site tracking

View solution in original post

4 Replies
awilliams
Community Champion

Hi, brandonhazzard. Do any of the iPads have the Canvas Student app? I'm speculating that this might be related to the version of Safari on those iPads. According to https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10720-which-browsers-does-canvas-support only the Macintosh versions of Safari are supported. 

They are running on iOS 13.4.1 and the browser is the latest browser of Safari.  The pictures work in the app like I mentioned, but not the mobile web.

Hi! I *think* that this thread may help you. As  @rmurchshafer  explains, there's a chance that the issue is being caused because

Safari now blocking all 3rd party cookies and cross-site tracking by default.  The only solution I've found for Safari is to uncheck the box to Prevent cross-site tracking

View solution in original post

Thanks Kristin!

It was the cross-tracking was on.

That worked instantly!!!

Appreciate all the help everyone!