cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
themidiman
Community Champion

Notification Rule for Self-Enroll Action

Jump to solution

We have several faculty/staff professional development courses that are set up for self-enroll. Does anyone know of a good way to notify those in the teacher role that someone new has self-enrolled? Apart from having the teachers check the roster each day, it seems like this should already be part of the notification rules matrix. 

Does this need to be a feature request idea?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is assumed answered, Robbie. However I am going to take it one step to point out to future readers is that it's listed on page 15 in this document: https://s3.amazonaws.com/tr-learncanvas/docs/CanvasNotifications.pdf under the heading 'Alerts' 

Thanks for following up!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jw2546
Community Member

Any luck finding an answer to this? We too need to know when someone self-enrolls so that we can create a sample Canvas space for them to work within.

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi JEFHQ12951,

I have had a poke round and am unable to find any existing feature idea for this, I think it would be a good candidate for creating a feature idea as you suggested.

Once you have, please feel free to post the link back in this thread to help other people find it as well.

Cheers,

Stuart

Thanks, Stuart. I'm not sure how this could be the correct answer, but I've discovered in the meantime that I am getting notified of students being self enrolled after all. I wasn't sure which rule this falls under. The notification email message appears with this format:

Subject: <Student> accepted the Course Invitation

Message Body: <Student> just accepted their invitation to participate in the course, <Course Code>. Course role: Student

So it's working but I'm just not sure what notification rule is controlling this. 

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi JEFHQ12951,

Thanks for the update. That is an interesting one, it may be one that is stock standard and not modifiable in the notification preferences. I had a look myself and couldn't seem to find any one that would link back either.

Cheers,
Stuart

How are the students self-enrolling? Are you sending them the self-enrollment url? The wording of the response email you get seems to be the same as what I get when I enroll someone and they accept the enrollment.

themidiman
Community Champion

We post the self-enroll link on our faculty support/development website for our department. 

I agree it looks like the same message you would get when you add someone manually to your course via the People tab. However, I don't recall getting notified of someone accepting my course invites this way. (I could be wrong on this though)

The course INVITEE gets a notification in THEIR inbox with this message, but not the course INVITER

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

JEFHQ12951,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

It is assumed answered, Robbie. However I am going to take it one step to point out to future readers is that it's listed on page 15 in this document: https://s3.amazonaws.com/tr-learncanvas/docs/CanvasNotifications.pdf under the heading 'Alerts' 

Thanks for following up!

0 Kudos