cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epulham
Community Participant

Notifications per Section?

Jump to solution

Do teachers of specific sections only receive notifications / grading to-dos for the students in their specific section? Wondering if this would be a good work-around for a course rather than making individual courses for each teacher. I know that teachers can view their specific section in SpeedGrader.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@epulham ,

Notifications are course specific and not section specific.  If the instructors want notifications only for their students, they would need to be in their own section.

There was a feature request that has since bee archived for this functionality:

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/11112?sr=search&searchId=036078b7-dfe6-4055-a49e-5771afbf6c4b&...

Robbie

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@epulham ,

Notifications are course specific and not section specific.  If the instructors want notifications only for their students, they would need to be in their own section.

There was a feature request that has since bee archived for this functionality:

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/11112?sr=search&searchId=036078b7-dfe6-4055-a49e-5771afbf6c4b&...

Robbie

View solution in original post

epulham
Community Participant

Thank you for your response, Robbie! I appreciate it.

e_j_m_vanwinger
Community Participant

I have the same problem, and haven't been able to find a solution. 

In our course (with thesis assignments), hundreds of students are organised in Groups. However, whenever an instructor posts to their group, all other instructors who are not in that group, also get the notification. Assigning the instructor to their own section did not solve the cross-section notification. Is there a solution to have Group announcements to be received by the instructor in that section only?

Tags (1)