Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnston_sherry

Observe children separate from each other

I'm a parent (observer) of multiple children and on the dashboard and calendar view, I see all their classes grouped together. It makes it very confusing and hard to follow. I can't find a way to filter for just one student. I'd like to observe my children & their classes separately. Is there a way to do this? If not, will you please add this feature? Many of my friends also have multiple children they follow and it gets very confusing. Other than that, this is a great website.

4 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@johnston_sherry , welcome to the Canvas Community--and please know, you're not alone! You might be interested in reading the considerable conversation surrounding . This popular idea is currently under development, specifically in beta testing for the app for iOS and Android: Canvas Studio: Canvas Parent  This app should make it considerably easier for you to observe your children individually.

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

and  @johnston_sherry , in my previous post, I neglected to give you the link to the guides for the iOS andn Android apps, so here it is: Mobile Guides - Canvas Parent

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

...and one more thing,  @johnston_sherry ​ Smiley Happy : After you've had a chance to look at the new app, you might be interested in participating in Focus Group: Canvas Parent​, and specifically in this discussion: [Activity 3] Parent Perspective   To join the group so you can participate in the discussion, click on the group link and from the group home page select Join Group from the Action dropdown menu at the upper right.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

@johnston_sherry ‌ ~ This conversation has recently appeared in https://community.canvaslms.com/message/69743-parents-access-to-canvas?sr=search&searchId=8cecf807-e...‌ and in https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/8649-parents-toggle-view-between-children?sr=search&searchId=8...‌. I hope that you can add some comments to the discussions! I think it would be wonderful to have a parent's point-of-view included!