Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdurham

Office 365 SSO Failed to log in

Jump to solution

Hi i'm trying to use the Office 365 single sign on feature but i keep getting the error message 'Canvas does not have an account for user: SmI8j-P3M9G628XoNSJOGnbi69GE4z2-rb_Z83sTAg0' is there a fix for this?my user has SIS ID and everything nut it sill won't allow me to log in

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you explain how i change the provider type please?

and the thread that you linked to is the network manager from my organisation so it's not much help!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
John_Lowe
Community Champion

Two quick comments: 

It looks like -- based on the error message shown above -- that you have the provider type set to "sub" (Azure AD v2.0 token reference | Microsoft Azure ) instead of "email".  Try setting the login attribute in Canvas to "email" and see if you have better luck matching to your existing Canvas accounts.  You may still have to set the attributes with the API as mentioned in the April release notes ( https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-6638#jive_content_id_Authentication ).

A similar thread was started here - Office 365 and ADFS.  Follow that thread along and perhaps reach out to some of the community who have replied there.

Can you explain how i change the provider type please?

and the thread that you linked to is the network manager from my organisation so it's not much help!

John_Lowe
Community Champion

In the Canvas Authentication settings area, for your Microsoft settings, try changing sub to email.

image.png

I dont know if that'll solve your issue, but thats my best suggestion based on your error.  Also, contact your CSM to get a call set up with your Implementation Coordinator.  These types of things are what they do all day, every day.

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @jdurham ! It's been awhile since we last heard from you. Did the responses from  @John_Lowe  resolve your issue? For now, I will mark this question as "Assumed Answered"; that will not prevent you or others from responding. If there is a single workable solution posted here, please mark that answer as "Correct"--and if you arrived at a different solution after consulting with your CSM and IC, please take a moment to update the thread. Thanks!