cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schachernp
Community Contributor

Office 365

Jump to solution

Just looking for a little assistance from the community!!  We added the Office 365 LTI to Canvas.  The teachers see the link in their Course Navigation Menu however, when they click on it, the login page comes up.  When they try to login, they get a message that says "We received a bad request".  We have not been able to fix this issue.  We have a support ticket in on it and they have not been able to find a solution either.  Has anyone else had this problem and if so, were you able to get it fixed?  Thanks in advance for any assistance!!  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schachernp
Community Contributor

I finally got it working!!  Yippee!!  There was a setting that needed enabled in the Office 365 environment.  I stumbled upon it while working on another issue I have!!  I think we looked everywhere but this location!!  Finally it is working!!  Thanks so much  @chofer ‌ for your help with this!!  

View solution in original post

8 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@schachernp ‌...

I see that you posted a similar question back on January 31, 2017 about the O365 LTI integration.  So that we can avoid two different conversations about the same topic, I'm going to go ahead and lock that particular topic and direct people to this one.  Also, I wanted to let you know that I'm going to share this question with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/office365?sr=search&searchId=b1df40fe-71e6-4fe5-8590-ec0e4d3a...‌ group here in the Canvas Community in hopes that it will get some additional exposure.  Hope this helps, Pam!

schachernp
Community Contributor

That was a different question all together.  Now that we have the LTI link, teachers are unable to login.  We get a bad request error and no one seems to know why.  I've worked with the Canvas Support folks as well as the Microsoft folks.  No one knows what the problem is and so we are unable to use the O365 LTI with Canvas at this time.  It's a real bummer!  That's why I thought I would post to the community.  Thanks so much!!! 

Hi again,  @schachernp ‌...

It's been over a month without any new activity in this particular discussion thread, so I thought I would check in with you again.  Since you last posted a reply on February 22nd, have you been able to come up with a solution to allow your teachers to get logged in to O365 via the LTI?  If so, would you be willing to share your solution by posting an update below?  Or, are you still seeking assistance with the LTI?  Another question...I know you had reached out to Support, but have you had any recent conversations with them that you could share here, too?  Looking forward to hearing from you, Pam.

schachernp
Community Contributor

No have not received any assistance with this and we gave up.  We are not using the O365 LTI since we were unable to get it to work.  Thanks for asking!!  

schachernp
Community Contributor

I finally got it working!!  Yippee!!  There was a setting that needed enabled in the Office 365 environment.  I stumbled upon it while working on another issue I have!!  I think we looked everywhere but this location!!  Finally it is working!!  Thanks so much  @chofer ‌ for your help with this!!  

View solution in original post

janderson11
Community Participant

WOW what is this "setting" not being mentioned

What was the actual setting you needing to change in 365  or canvas? We are struggling with some aspects of the integration - files are brought into canvas from 365, sharing permissions set to anyone with link in organisation can view, but I still get heaps of requests from students who cannot access doc or open it.

parmana
Community Participant

Can you share the setting that needs to be changed?!!!

This is still happening in 2020.