cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolinaserrato
Community Participant

On-line Text Submission Corrections

Jump to solution

Hi! How can I correct my students online submissions? I can see the "make a comment" section, but I would like to be able to manipulate the student's work by highlighting the words that are incorrect, or by making annotations. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @carolinaserrato ‌ - You should be able to do that in the Speedgrader using the DocViewer feature in Canvas.  There is full documentation here:  How do I use DocViewer in Canvas assignments as an instructor?    Bear in mind "manipulate" would not include outright cutting/pasting, but definitely highlighting, annotations, etc.  That is also assuming that the students have submitted in a file format that DocViewer accepts, which is more than likely.  It's a very cool feature in Canvas!

Hope this helps, Carolina!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @carolinaserrato ‌ - You should be able to do that in the Speedgrader using the DocViewer feature in Canvas.  There is full documentation here:  How do I use DocViewer in Canvas assignments as an instructor?    Bear in mind "manipulate" would not include outright cutting/pasting, but definitely highlighting, annotations, etc.  That is also assuming that the students have submitted in a file format that DocViewer accepts, which is more than likely.  It's a very cool feature in Canvas!

Hope this helps, Carolina!

View solution in original post

carolinaserrato
Community Participant

Hi Ken.

So , I understand that this feature is available when the students upload the document, and it is compatible with the DocViewer function. Do you know if there's anything to be done when the text is done directly through the Canvas portal, without uploading a file?

Thank you!!!