Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julie3

On the free account, I added a student to my course, but instead of showing their name, there is a long number instead. She cannot log in to the course.

My student is also a student at an online high school with a paid account. Could that be the problem? She is using the same email for both accounts, but for my class, she cannot log in. Has anyone ever had this problem and can give me suggestions on how to help me help her login?

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@julie3 , greetings! I'm not sure of the answer to this and hopefully someone else will pop in with a solution. Until then though, it might be a good idea to go ahead and file a Canvas support ticket. To do this click on the Help link and Report a Problem.

Kona

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @julie3 ,

I wanted to check in as I noted that your question seems to have the community a little stumped. I am sure by now you will have found a possible solution or workaround through some of your own additional sleuthing? If not, do you still need assistance with this (please let us know, we are always happy to help)!

If you did find a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Cheers,
Stuart 

Hi Stuart,

Yes, I was able to change it, but I cannot for the life of me remember how to do it. I think that the student has to do it on their end. If I ever remember, I will respond here.

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Julie,

That is great to hear, thanks for letting me know. I will mark this as assumed answered for the time being, but if you do remember please feel free to come back and add your updated answer and mark that correct.

Thanks so much again!

Stuart