cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frederickw1627
Community Member

Online confusion

Jump to solution

I'm taking a class online this semester.  I have no idea what the first step to take is?  When are the classes?  If it's not published what book I need.  What professor? ect..      

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon,  @frederickw1627 ...

I'm sorry to see that you are having difficulties determining where your courses are and who your instructors are for those courses.  I'm not sure if you realized this or not, but you posted your question in the global Canvas Community website where people from all over the world come to ask questions, suggest new features, write blogs, collaborate, join groups, review "how to" Guides, and a lot more...all about Canvas.  There are thousands upon thousands of us here in the Community, and so we wouldn't be able to answer the specifics about your courses or your instructors because we do not have access to your school's Canvas environment or your courses.  However, there are a couple things, generally, I can recommend.

• Why can't I access my Course as a student?  This document has some good information, generally speaking, as to why you may not be able to see some or all of your courses in your Canvas environment.
  • You will need to reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or the schools Online Learning (or similarly named) department if you are not yet seeing courses in your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen within Canvas.  They should be able to help you determine if you are properly enrolled in courses or not.  If you are enrolled, but the status of the course says that it is not published yet, then that means the instructor is not quite ready to release the content of the course to you and your classmates.  Often, instructors will not publish the course until closer to the official start date of the course...but that will vary from school to school depending on the policies they have established.  Here is a website I found for your school that may help: https://www.mtc.edu/current-students/online/.

Good luck to you, William!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon,  @frederickw1627 ...

I'm sorry to see that you are having difficulties determining where your courses are and who your instructors are for those courses.  I'm not sure if you realized this or not, but you posted your question in the global Canvas Community website where people from all over the world come to ask questions, suggest new features, write blogs, collaborate, join groups, review "how to" Guides, and a lot more...all about Canvas.  There are thousands upon thousands of us here in the Community, and so we wouldn't be able to answer the specifics about your courses or your instructors because we do not have access to your school's Canvas environment or your courses.  However, there are a couple things, generally, I can recommend.

• Why can't I access my Course as a student?  This document has some good information, generally speaking, as to why you may not be able to see some or all of your courses in your Canvas environment.
  • You will need to reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or the schools Online Learning (or similarly named) department if you are not yet seeing courses in your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen within Canvas.  They should be able to help you determine if you are properly enrolled in courses or not.  If you are enrolled, but the status of the course says that it is not published yet, then that means the instructor is not quite ready to release the content of the course to you and your classmates.  Often, instructors will not publish the course until closer to the official start date of the course...but that will vary from school to school depending on the policies they have established.  Here is a website I found for your school that may help: https://www.mtc.edu/current-students/online/.

Good luck to you, William!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @frederickw1627  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

@chofer ‌ has given you great information.

I will just add that I found a link to Online Class Information at Marion Technical College that might be helpful.

Kelley