Only 3 Sections Showing in Graded Assignments

Jump to solution
cvolpe1
Community Participant

Good afternoon all,

We have multiple sections with some of our courses.  It seems that when an instructor attempts to assign an assignment to one section, Canvas only displays 3 sections initially.  If the section you are looking for is not there, you must select everyone, add sections until the section you wish to add is displayed.  You then must remove the unwanted sections.  Has anyone else encountered this?  How do you deal with it?  Quizzes and Discussions are fine unless you mark them as Graded.  Once that happens, you have the same situation.

Thanks so much!

Court

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Courtney,

I have seen something similar to this in that only a few students are initially listed as well until you start typing.  I just tested your scenario in a course with 16 sections and see the same thing you report. Something I found that works though is to start typing part of a section name and it quickly filters down the list showing the other section.  So if your sections are named something like 19FA BIOL2740-002:Human Physiology And Anatomy I, where the 002 is the section number, just start typing 008 and it should select section 8.

327582_pastedImage_3.gif

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes