cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhartmanvt
Community Member

Opening classroom

Jump to solution

My course is ready to open for students.  How do I open the classroom?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @dhartmanvt  Thank You for posting your question.  There are a few Guides that you'll want to review.  The short answer is that you'll want to make sure that your course (and the content in it) is "published" so that students can see all of it.  You'll also want to check your course "Settings" to ensure that the course start/end date is set correctly and that students are able to get to the content.  Here are the Guides:

It is possible that your school already has some policies and procedures in place where the start/end dates might already be set and you cannot change those.  I've also seen where some schools have programmed Canvas to auto-publish courses.  You'd have to talk with your school's local Canvas administrator to see if any of this applies to you, though.

Please let Community members know if you have any questions about the above information...thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @dhartmanvt  Thank You for posting your question.  There are a few Guides that you'll want to review.  The short answer is that you'll want to make sure that your course (and the content in it) is "published" so that students can see all of it.  You'll also want to check your course "Settings" to ensure that the course start/end date is set correctly and that students are able to get to the content.  Here are the Guides:

It is possible that your school already has some policies and procedures in place where the start/end dates might already be set and you cannot change those.  I've also seen where some schools have programmed Canvas to auto-publish courses.  You'd have to talk with your school's local Canvas administrator to see if any of this applies to you, though.

Please let Community members know if you have any questions about the above information...thanks!

View solution in original post