cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrightad
Community Member

Order of courses in Dashborad

I have a lot of courses which show up in Dashboard in the order I set them up. How can i make them show up in alphabetical order to make them easier for people to find?

3 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @wrightad .  I thought this was an interesting question so looked into it a bit.  I found this answer from  @James  that indicates reordering tiles is not currently possible, but may be function added in the future.

Moving Tiles in Dashboard 

E‌ach individual's dashboard will be different, including the classes in which they are a member.  You can customize which tiles appear and which do not.  This can be done by clicking on "courses", then "all courses".  If you star the classes you desire to appear on your dashboard, the others will be hidden.  This process is described in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12896-4152719654 

I hope this helps!

James
Community Champion

@wrightad  ,

The default sort is alphabetical. This is explained in the official documentation that Eric referred to: How do I customize my Courses list as an instructor?  Continuing with what Eric wrote, if you have a lot of courses that you don't use on a regular basis, then marking some of them as favorites is a good way to hide them.

However, if the list is not alphabetical, then perhaps your institution has implemented my script as explained in Sorting Dashboard Course Cards . That allows you to drag and drop the the dashboard course cards into whatever order you want them in. You can try dragging and dropping the cards to tell.

Finally, one point of clarification. Are you seeing this in a web browser or in a mobile app? If it's in a mobile app, then ignore everything I said about my script.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@wrightad ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie