Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpeters32

Outcomes to individual questions

Jump to solution

Is it possible to patch individual questions with a specific outcomes? If not why is there this limitation in canvas.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@rpeters32 , it is not currently possible to align an outcome with a quiz question, only with a question bank. This lesson from the Canvas Guide explains the outcome alignment process for question banks: How do I align an Outcome with a Question Bank?

If the ability to align a specific quiz question to an outcome or multiple outcomes is of interest to you, I'd call your attention to this now-archived feature idea-- --that didn't meet the vote threshold for moving on to the next stage. If you'd like to rewrite and resubmit this idea, follow the instructions here to resubmit for new consideration: How do I create a new feature idea?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@rpeters32 , it is not currently possible to align an outcome with a quiz question, only with a question bank. This lesson from the Canvas Guide explains the outcome alignment process for question banks: How do I align an Outcome with a Question Bank?

If the ability to align a specific quiz question to an outcome or multiple outcomes is of interest to you, I'd call your attention to this now-archived feature idea-- --that didn't meet the vote threshold for moving on to the next stage. If you'd like to rewrite and resubmit this idea, follow the instructions here to resubmit for new consideration: How do I create a new feature idea?

My goal is to use outcomes in coordination with the mastery grade book. What I want to match individual questions with their outcomes. Students would take a pretest and based on that pretest would determine which lessons they would have to do in a given course. Whatever questions they did not pass they would have to work on the lessons from that focus on that outcome, but would not be forced to work on lessons which they passed in the pretest .

@rpeters32 ​, that's a succinct yet comprehensive description of your use case. Please include it in the body of your Feature Idea submission.