PDF files

Jump to solution
EliezerKraiman
Community Member

My professor wants us to make a portfolio of 26 2 to 3 page homework assignments. I corrected my assignments but  she wants us to upload her corrections as part of the portfolio. Can Canvas make it so students can download Feedback as Word.docs and not just PDF files which are almost inaccessible (even when converted it does not function well).  It makes me spend 20 hours transferring , rewriting, which I cannot even copy and paste, every single comment as a google doc  comment, this is Incredibly torturous. I am already 6 days overdue with the assignment, I just cannot put up with this sort of unnecessary work because of the format of your correction documents I beg you please stop torturing students who have to make portfolios by making them spend 10 X as long copying and pasting the corrections their teachers made,which does not show any sort of skill related to the class.  Please canvas make corrections documents into word files so they can easily be accessed by your students, This is very hurtful to me that you would make me go through such unnecessary stress, make me late for assignments because of this formatting issue.  For all the students out  their I plead with you to make your editing interface much more word accesible /user friendly, 

Thank you Eliezer Kraiman

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @EliezerKraiman ...

Sorry to read that you are experiencing difficulties with this.  As I read through your posting, I thought this might be a good candidate for a Feature Idea here in the Canvas Community.  It sounds like you are requesting a change in how Canvas currently functions with respect to downloading certain file types.  Requests like this should be posted as Feature Ideas so that others here in the Community might be able to also read through them to see if it something they would also like to see implemented in Canvas.  To start a new idea, from any screen here in the Community, click on the PRODUCT menu at the top of the screen, and then select the IDEA CONVERSATIONS option.  On the page that you'll be taken to, click on the "Suggest an idea" button to get started.  You may find that an existing idea already exists that is similar to what you would like to see implemented in Canvas...in which case you can post your comment to that one at give it a star rating.  Or, if you don't find anything that exists, then you can start your own idea.

I know this might not be the answer you were looking for, but I hope that this will help it help to answer your question...thanks!

View solution in original post