cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kylebenish
Community Participant

PGA Of America Specialized Program (Firefox)

Jump to solution

I am trying to access my dashboard page on the specialized education program thru the PGA and the boxes just fade from light grey to a darker grey. They are acting like they are loading but never do. I am using firefox as suggested but google chrome can load this page but once I start the education it cuts off the text.

Kyle

344499_pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hey Kyle and welcome to the Community!

You are using Firefox but you are using version 47.  Please upgrade to a supported version as describe in: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10461-supported-web-browsers 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hey Kyle and welcome to the Community!

You are using Firefox but you are using version 47.  Please upgrade to a supported version as describe in: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10461-supported-web-browsers 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
kylebenish
Community Participant

Thank you but the education text is cut off. How do I fix that?

Kyle Benish, PGA

Certified PGA Professional

Sent from Mobile Device:

Hi Kyle,

To quote the course announcement in one of your courses "ATTENTION: The Google Chrome browser is currently experiencing difficulty with the Specialized courses. For the best experience, please use the Mozilla Firefox browser and enable Adobe Flash!"  

Please update Firefox and use that.  I hope the program you are taking stops using Flash soon.

kylebenish
Community Participant

This is happening in Firefox as well, as you can see from the screenshot I am in Firefox. Is there a setting that will allow me to see everything?

Kyle Benish, PGA

Sent from Mobile Device:

Hi Kyle,

Yes, you are in Firefox but you are using an out of date version of Firefox which you need to update.

kylebenish
Community Participant

I am using version 75.0 (64-bit) which is saying is up to date. Which version do I need?

Kyle Benish, PGA

Sent from Mobile Device:

Hey Kyle, 

I can see that you upgraded from version 47 to 75.  Thats a good start.  That should have fixed you not being about to see the course cards on the dashboard.  Looking around in your courses I see that that they contain a lot of Flash content, which can be problematic.  All of the presentations with moving images and sound are Flash.  If you seeing text bleed off your screen you can try changing your browser size and resolution.  Ultimately if you cannot get the Flash content to play in a way that is accessible, you will need to contact PGA or your instructor for more troubleshooting steps.

kylebenish
Community Participant

Scott

FYI, I know the PGA is trying to get this issue resolved but the issue with the slides being cropped is still occurring. This is occurring on every browser not just chrome but Firefox and Edge.

Kyle Benish, PGA

Sent from Mobile Device:

Hey Kyle,

I am sorry you are experiencing these disruptions in your learning.  I genuinely am.  SCORM content loaded into an LMS, which is what they are employing here is notoriously finicky and hard to get right. Not to get off on a tangent but the SCORM model was developed in the era of computer based training where students went to a lab and interacted with content loaded onto hard drives rather than a cloud based system like Canvas.  I wish there was something myself or our support team could do to help but in this case it really is up to the content developers.