Page Layouts

Jump to solution
trutland88
Community Novice

I teach Language Arts, my school is adopting Canvas. I really like the Quiz tool. I do have one complaint. Is there a way to "rearrange the page."  I would like the text (quiz instructions to be on the left) and the questions to be on the right, so students do not have to keep scrolling back up to reference the text. 

Also is there a way they can edit a text directly on Canvas, for example if I wanted them highlight the key details- etc 

0 Likes
1 Solution
jennifernichols
Community Participant

@trutland88 ‌,

Hello! This is not possible in the original quizzes feature. However, the New Quizzes allows you to add a stimulus (this would be where you would put your reference text) and then corresponding questions. It splits the screen so the stimulus is on the left and the questions that correspond to it are on the right. You made to verify with your institution if they have configured the New Quizzes Option. Hopefully you find these question types are what you are looking for, I have included the instructions below. 

To enable the New Quizzes...

1. Go to your specific Course.

2. Click on Settings in the Navigation.

3. Click Feature Options along the top.

4. Toggle the New Quizzes to On (green)

5. Go to Quizzes in the Navigation. 

6. In the upper right corner, click on the pancakes (three dots).

7. Click 'Reset Quiz Engine Choice'. 

This will allow you to create a new quiz and choose from the classic (original) version or the new quizzes. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26304-how-do-i-create-an-assessment-using-new-quizzes 

All the best! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes