Page in navigation bar inaccessible to students. It's a course page, with tabs, and used redirect tool to add to navigation bar. Please help.

acotchay
Community Novice

Aloha all,

I have really spent HOURS trying to figure this out... probably have done the whole process over 40 times. Okayyy, soooo first I used this code (item 1) to create a page with tabs (item 2).

(Item 1)

<div class="enhanceable_content tabs">
<ul>
<li><a href="#fragment-1">PUT TITLE FOR TAB HERE</a></li>
<li><a href="#fragment-2">PUT TITLE FOR TAB HERE</a></li>
<li><a href="#fragment-3">PUT TITLE FOR TAB HERE</a></li>
</ul>
<div id="fragment-1">PUT THE CONTENT FOR THE FIRST TAB HERE</div>
<div id="fragment-2">PUT THE CONTENT FOR THE SECOND TAB HERE.</div>
<div id="fragment-3">PUT THE CONTENT FOR THE THIRD TAB HERE</div>
</div>

(Item 2)

345672_Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 12.06.19 AM.png

Then, I added this page to the navigation bar using the redirect tool. I see it and can access when in teacher-mode but it does not work for students. I have tried this in test-student-view and also created a new student account. Both do not work, test-student gives me the error pictured below (item 3), while actual student says the page has been disabled. (Yes, the page is published.)

(Item 3)

345673_Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 12.08.19 AM.png

I tested redirect by adding it to a different page (one without tabs). It worked. I have tried this process 40+ times from the beginning and double checked code. I really don't understand. Perhaps there is some incompatibility with the tab html code AND redirect tool? The issue is not with any of the content I have added, because the error happens before I add anything. I really am surprised that I cannot find more info on this and that no one else seems to have encountered this issue. Very frustrated over here. Please help. Smiley Sad

Thanks, 

Kūʻiʻo

0 Likes