cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwrigh36
Community Participant

Pages un-link

Jump to solution

When creating modules, I want to have a section under each module for 'assigned readings' for each week, however, when I place (for example) week two assigned readings as a section (page), and go in and edit the page to show week 2's readings it then links to week three and all other 'assigned reading pages. How do I un-link so I can post each week assigned readings separately?

thank you

kathy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @kwrigh36 ‌...

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking because you haven't provided a screen shot for an example.  But, I may have an idea that could help to answer your question.  I'm wondering if you are using the same Page called "Assigned Readings" in all of your Modules?  If so, are you making changes in the first Module, for example, and then you are seeing that same change distributed to all the other "Assigned Readings" in your other Modules?  If that is the case, then you will need to first create separate pages for each of your "Assigned Readings" in your "Pages" area of the course.  You might title them something like "Module 1: Assigned Readings", "Module 2: Assigned Readings", etc.  If you are re-using the same "Assigned Readings" Page over and over again throughout your course Modules, it's the same page you are editing each time.  The URL for that Page never changes (unless, of course, you were to change the title of the Page).  When you create separate Pages like I've suggested, you'll have separate URLs, and you'll be able to edit each of them separately without issue.

I hope that answers your question.  If not, please provide some additional detail and/or screen shots so that we can work through this more.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @kwrigh36 ‌...

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking because you haven't provided a screen shot for an example.  But, I may have an idea that could help to answer your question.  I'm wondering if you are using the same Page called "Assigned Readings" in all of your Modules?  If so, are you making changes in the first Module, for example, and then you are seeing that same change distributed to all the other "Assigned Readings" in your other Modules?  If that is the case, then you will need to first create separate pages for each of your "Assigned Readings" in your "Pages" area of the course.  You might title them something like "Module 1: Assigned Readings", "Module 2: Assigned Readings", etc.  If you are re-using the same "Assigned Readings" Page over and over again throughout your course Modules, it's the same page you are editing each time.  The URL for that Page never changes (unless, of course, you were to change the title of the Page).  When you create separate Pages like I've suggested, you'll have separate URLs, and you'll be able to edit each of them separately without issue.

I hope that answers your question.  If not, please provide some additional detail and/or screen shots so that we can work through this more.  Thanks.

kwrigh36
Community Participant

Thank you that does help.

Kathy