cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jldavis6
Community Member

Password Reset Trouble

Jump to solution

I have submitted a Password Reset request three times over the course of four hours, and still have not received an email to reset my password. This is rather frustrating as there seems to be no way to directly contact any real customer service for help on the matter. I need to start working on my classwork. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @Jldavis6 ...

Each school that utilizes Canvas as their LMS (Learning Management System) handles the way students/instructors log into their Canvas environment differently.  Since Community members don't have access to the University of Alaska's Canvas environment, you will need to reach out to the Online Learning / eLearning department at your school to see if they are able to help you.  I also searched your school's website, and I found this Canvas login page which appears to have a link to get help with your login credentials:

I hope this will be of some help to you, Jamie.  Good luck to you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @Jldavis6 ...

Each school that utilizes Canvas as their LMS (Learning Management System) handles the way students/instructors log into their Canvas environment differently.  Since Community members don't have access to the University of Alaska's Canvas environment, you will need to reach out to the Online Learning / eLearning department at your school to see if they are able to help you.  I also searched your school's website, and I found this Canvas login page which appears to have a link to get help with your login credentials:

I hope this will be of some help to you, Jamie.  Good luck to you!

View solution in original post

silvamayflower
Community Participant

This answer does not help me as I am subscribed with a free for teacher account - thus I am my own admin.  My apparently correct password has been rejected by the system, and the system is failing to send me a reset email.  This is URGENT as my courses start very soon and I can't gain access to set them up.

Please refer to the reply we posted for you elsewhere, @silvamayflower . We do not find a Free For Teachers account associated with the email address attached to your profile in this forum. We were only able to find one active account, managed by WEA.

silvamayflower
Community Participant

I am extremely confused about this.  I have an active Free for Teachers account up and running, and I'm about to share all my links with students.  I don't understand why you don't have a record of my account on this email address - it's rather worrying.  Could there be an explanation for this?  I may only have joined the 'Community' through my WEA account...?  Might that be the case?  If so, how do I rectify this?

Now it's my turn to be confused, @silvamayflower . I did a deeper search and just found an account in Free For Teachers associated with your email account which is showing activity as of this morning (9/22). Have you successfully restored your access via the password reset option?