cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmcclain
Community Participant

Past Enrollments

Jump to solution

I want to get an assignment from a course in Past Enrollments.  When I try to open the assignment it says that I do not have permission to open the assignment.  I assume this is also why I can't import this into my new course.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dmcclain ​, if you can, change your course start date so your course is open again. Otherwise you'll need to contact the Canvas Admin's/Support at your Institution and ask them to open the course back up for you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dmcclain ​, if you can, change your course start date so your course is open again. Otherwise you'll need to contact the Canvas Admin's/Support at your Institution and ask them to open the course back up for you.

View solution in original post

dmcclain
Community Participant

I am confused.  Other teachers can import assignments from past enrollments, why is mine different?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dmcclain ​, good question and I'm not sure. In my experience you SHOULD be able to import assignments from previous semesters (none of my faculty have ever complained of this). Just to double-check, are these the steps you are following - How do I import content from another Canvas course? If they are and you are still having problems, I would contact Canvas support at your Institution for further assistance. They can actually go into your course (which I can't do!) and see what might be happening.