Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tasha_Biesinger
Community Contributor

Pearson My Lab Sync Issue with Emoticons

Jump to solution

Hello all-knowing Canvas community! Happy Friday - 

We are experiencing sync issues from Pearson My Lab (My Spanish Lab to be exact) to Canvas - and Pearson support has suggested that the sync issue is being caused because of the presence of small images/emoticons in the titles of Canvas content such as pages and discussions.

Have any of you experienced this? How is it possible for a Canvas page title (obviously not connected to the Pearson content in any way) to interfere with the Pearson grade sync?

Tags (1)
1 Solution
Tasha_Biesinger
Community Contributor

I did some testing and it seems that Pearson's MySpanishLab sync can't handle having graded discussions in the course...it had nothing to do with the presence of emoticons. I was able to toggle the discussions to non-graded discussions and the sync worked fine...toggle them back and it quit working again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Tasha_Biesinger
Community Contributor

I did some testing and it seems that Pearson's MySpanishLab sync can't handle having graded discussions in the course...it had nothing to do with the presence of emoticons. I was able to toggle the discussions to non-graded discussions and the sync worked fine...toggle them back and it quit working again.