cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jahussa
Community Member

Peer Review - due date?

Jump to solution

How will students know the due date for the peer review that is assigned after a draft is turned in? I see the option to set the date for when the peer review is assigned - but is there a way to set a deadline for the review?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jahussa , there isn't a built in way to do this on the same Peer review assignment in Canvas. There is a lot of support for having two due dates and you can vote and comment on this feature idea here - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1294-have-two-due-dates-for-peer-review-assignments" modifiedt.... In addition, this idea has some good suggestions as to how to work around the lack of an extra due date. One that I suggest to people is to add an even to the calendar with the peer review due date and then also email and remind the students of the second due date. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jahussa , there isn't a built in way to do this on the same Peer review assignment in Canvas. There is a lot of support for having two due dates and you can vote and comment on this feature idea here - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1294-have-two-due-dates-for-peer-review-assignments" modifiedt.... In addition, this idea has some good suggestions as to how to work around the lack of an extra due date. One that I suggest to people is to add an even to the calendar with the peer review due date and then also email and remind the students of the second due date. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

hilbert
Community Participant

Yes, this is VERY MUCH needed. It is really confusing for students, and impossible to manage for instructors in a fair manner. It shouldn't be difficult to add, since you have this functionality for other assignments. What is the problem with adding it? Many users have begged for this feature for 4 years already...

LeeMortensen
Community Member

It looks like it's now been 5 years without a fix for this? They keep telling us group work is so important, especially with asynchronous classes, yet Canvas Peer Reviews are still buggy on top of the due date problem.