cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eric_amtsberg
Community Participant

Permission to manage grading scheme?

Jump to solution

How do I set permissions to allow a person to manage the Grading Schemes?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

From all indications,  @eric_amtsberg ​, it's part of the "Manage Grades" permission.  You will want to check this page:  What are the differences between course-level roles and account-level roles?  and then click on either of the first two links, which lead to PDF documents that go over which permission does what. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

From all indications,  @eric_amtsberg ​, it's part of the "Manage Grades" permission.  You will want to check this page:  What are the differences between course-level roles and account-level roles?  and then click on either of the first two links, which lead to PDF documents that go over which permission does what. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

eric_amtsberg
Community Participant

Grading schemes aren't mentioned in the documentation as far as permissions go.

Oh, but they are, unless I was misunderstanding your question.  Check page 6 of the PDF that the page above links to, just under the Edit Grades section.  (Again, the detailed information is not on that documentation page itself, but rather the PDFS that they link to)   I probably just should have linked to the documents they referenced.  Here's the direct link to the first PDF on Course roles:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/tr-learncanvas/docs/Canvas_Permissions_Course.pdf

In fact, here's a screen capture of what I was looking at:

permissions.jpg

It is also listed in the  Account Roles permissions document, as well, also under the Edit Grades section.  The Account Roles documentation is here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/tr-learncanvas/docs/Canvas_Permissions_Account.pdf

The bigger issue is that often multiple permissions are wrapped up into one setting, which is a another topic of discussion!