cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmontoya
Community Member

Permissions, Roles and Canvas Email Conversations Utility

Hi.  I am teaching a large (150 enrolled) online course that has three sections, each with a different instructor.  Last semester we added each other into our sections as teachers.  This allowed for us to jump in and take care of something if one of us was away from their desk and an urgent matter came up.  However, there was some confusion when it came to notifications.  We all set the canvas email utility to send messages into our campus email inbox.  On multiple ocassions, we responded to questions from students in a section that was not our own, causing some conflicts.  Is there a way to control/limit who gets the Canvas notifications from the email utility?  Or perhaps adding them in under a different role might help.  Would designer, guest teacher or ta be a better choice?  Perhaps they don't get notifications, but still have the ability to change out a file and assist in the course. 

Thank you for any guidance you can offer. 

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Greetings! I'm sorry your question has been sitting out here in the Community for so long without a response. Are you still having this problem or were you able to figure something out?

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cmontoya ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

@Robbie_Grant ‌

I came searching for an answer to the same question that Cori Montoya asked above. I know that they asked several years ago, but I am unable to find an answer. 

Is there a way to make it so that only 1 teacher receives the notifications for messages sent? 

Thank you for your time,

Jessica Rex