Photo albums for Canvas?

Jump to solution
bsr
Community Contributor

Greetings, Community,

I am looking for a good way to have students share photos, possibly through an external LTI app. What I'm after is:

• Each student submits a set of photographs (their own album)
  • Other students in the same student group can browse each other's albums
    • It would be great if others outside the group could also see the albums, but I do want to be able to organize the albums by group, so each student doesn't have to find their group mates' albums from among the entire class's albums.

That's it. It seems like it should be a simple thing to do, but I can't find an app for it, nor a graceful solution within Canvas!

Any ideas out there?

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Brantlee ~

I have had really good luck using Google Photos with students. They can create their own album and then share the URL in a discussion (full-course, section, and/or group). I like this because they can comment directly in context with each image, not just on the album as a whole. I also appreciate the way that the photographer can add descriptions to images and organize the album's contents.

If you don't want to have the students share the URL in a discussion, you could ask that they share the URL with you in an assignment submission. Then, you can copy/paste the URLs into collections or documents (maybe, even a tabbed Google Sheet?) you could then distribute as you feel best fits your course.

View solution in original post