Physical Room Scheduler?

Jump to solution
cjames-jenkin
Community Member

I'm a librarian & we are going to be returning to in-person learning in April. The library will be by appointment only & students will need to reserve one of 20 spaces in the library for a particular time. Does Canvas have such a scheduling option available? I can't find one.

Thanks.
Connie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @cjames-jenkin 

Sorry, Canvas does not have a room scheduling function. The current scheduler tool in Canvas could be used in that way, except that it is course-specific - it uses the Canvas Calendar which is also course specific.

You might be able to hink the system a bit if you were able to create (or have created for you), a Library course in Canvas, then enroll all students in that course. Students could then open the Calendar for that course and schedule their appointment. I know of schools doing something similar for counseling appointments. This could also be a most excellent tool for providing access to tools, resources, links to articles and online resources, and much more.

Hopefully, someone who is doing something similar will chime in with more details.

Kelley

View solution in original post

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi again, @cjames-jenkin 

There is an older, yet still great Librarian blog, with considerable discussion that might prove to be a very handy resource for you. Check it out at Librarian.

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes