cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard_gardner
Community Participant

Pictures/diagrams as matching choices in quizzes

Jump to solution

I want to have a matching question that shows several molecular diagrams (such as a sugar, amino acid etc) and having students match the diagram to the appropriate name. I can add figures and pictures to multiple choice questions, but apparently not to matching questions. (But if someone knows how, please tell me!)  I'd bet I'm not the only one who wants to do this. I'm in quizzes. I have not tried quizzes next, but even if it works in quizzes next I'm not interested unless students can get credit for each matching choice they get right; last I checked quizzes next only gives all or nothing.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @richard_gardner ‌

Here's an idea for how it could be achieved with the standard quiz tool. Using Photoshop or something similar, create image files showing your molecules with labels A, B, C etc included in the image. Upload the images to Canvas, create a matching question and using the rich text editor add the images into the main body of the question. In the answers, just ask them to match A, B, C to the correct molecule name.
Here's one that I quickly mocked up, forgive me if the molecules are wrong!

303394_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @richard_gardner ‌

Here's an idea for how it could be achieved with the standard quiz tool. Using Photoshop or something similar, create image files showing your molecules with labels A, B, C etc included in the image. Upload the images to Canvas, create a matching question and using the rich text editor add the images into the main body of the question. In the answers, just ask them to match A, B, C to the correct molecule name.
Here's one that I quickly mocked up, forgive me if the molecules are wrong!

303394_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post