cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ann_stotler
Community Member

Portuguese

Hello- all of a sudden my alerts are  in Portuguese.

10 Replies
mcsmith
Instructure
Instructure

Well this is very interesting. If there is anyway you can hold off messing with the settings, we can try and dig in. We found one case like this where it happened in Arabic but the user made some changes before we could test to see what was going on.

mcsmith
Instructure
Instructure

Bummer, it appears the issue has already been addressed. In your instance, it looks like you went into your profile settings at 7:40. Would you mind sharing what changes, if any, you made to your account settings?

mcsmith
Instructure
Instructure

So on our end, it looks like you were on the app when you started receiving the notification? Is there any chance you may have accidentally switched the settings while on the app?

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

I'm posting a link here, not because it answers your question (it doesn't), but to show that something like this has apparently happened before. Perhaps having both cases together will facilitate troubleshooting: Canvas switched to Russian

cwendt
Community Champion

Do you have/use anything else in Portuguese?

Mas na verdade, acho que não tem problema nenhum! O português é ótimo mesmo!

DARN!! NOW IT'S HAPPENING TO MEEEEEE! :smileylaugh:

@cwendt ​

I'm on a flight back to the home office right now and that literally made me laugh out loud. Now the person next to me thinks I'm crazy!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ann_stotler ​, did you see the question asked about, "were on the app when you started receiving the notification? Is there any chance you may have accidentally switched the settings while on the app?"

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ann_stotler ​...

Were you able to get this issue resolved?  Please come back to this page and post a reply so we can get an update from you.  Thanks!

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@ann_stotler ​, since we haven't heard back from you, I'm going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered." The discussion remains open for participation, and anyone can feel free to provide additional commentary.