cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ek2864
Community Member

Possible to use iPad for Canvas Conferences?

Jump to solution

If possible, how would a Teacher use the Canvas Conference feature on their iPad? I know that Flash is required and the Photon browser in iPad allows for Flash so would a teacher be able to use Conference then? Thank you so much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

As  @klundstrum ‌ mentioned, it's getting closer and the mobile team is having conversations about to integrate it once available. I saw Fred Dixon hanging around the mobile product booth of Instcon quite a bit, but don't know much else. Also, BBB, like most vendors knows Flash will be dead in 2020, so they are working for a mobile solution that works on all platforms. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ek2864 ‌ -

I believe BigBlueButton is working towards moving to HTML5, and according to this comment, it sounds like it will happen by the end of the summer.

I want to share this conversation from Canvas Mobile Users Group‌: Mobile Conferences 

And here's a presentation from InstructureCon 2017‌:  

Let's keep our fingers crossed for an announcement or update this week during InstructureCon 2018‌!

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

As  @klundstrum ‌ mentioned, it's getting closer and the mobile team is having conversations about to integrate it once available. I saw Fred Dixon hanging around the mobile product booth of Instcon quite a bit, but don't know much else. Also, BBB, like most vendors knows Flash will be dead in 2020, so they are working for a mobile solution that works on all platforms. 

View solution in original post