Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnithaSanthan
Community Member

Post a section API

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to post a section via API as below ;

api/v1/courses/sis_course_id:ABCY12021/sections?course_section[name]=1BA&course_section[sis_section_id]=ABCY120211BA&enable_sis_reactivation=true

I have set enable_sis_activation to be true 

So, I believe even if I already have sis_section_id 'ABCY120211BA' in canvas , it should not throw 'is already in use' error as I have set enable_sis_activation to be true.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Thank you in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jerry_nguyen
Community Contributor

@AnithaSanthan 

According to the documentation, this parameter is to be used to "...re-activate a deleted section with matching sis_section_id if possible". Thus if the section and its SIS ID are still visible in the UI then it will throw the error. This is to prevent sections from being overridden.

If you need to find where the section is located, you can use the "Provisioning" report.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jerry_nguyen
Community Contributor

@AnithaSanthan 

According to the documentation, this parameter is to be used to "...re-activate a deleted section with matching sis_section_id if possible". Thus if the section and its SIS ID are still visible in the UI then it will throw the error. This is to prevent sections from being overridden.

If you need to find where the section is located, you can use the "Provisioning" report.

View solution in original post