cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mduncan
Community Participant

Post to SIS feature not saving in cross-listed sections.

Jump to solution

I have cross-listed sections into a manually created course with existing content.  When I toggle an assignment to post to SIS  (Skyward) it does not save the setting after I post the grades therefore I have to reset each assignment each time I need to post my grades.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

We met with our CSM yesterday about SIS Posting on Cross-listed sections and we learned that there is a known bug that could be causing some of your frustration. Instead of Assigning to each Section keep the "EVERYONE" default. Some of our teachers were Assigning to the specific Sections as directed in the Passback list of rules; however, the better action is to use the EVERYONE assign.  In classes with multiple cross-listed Sections where you want more than one due date for an Assignment assign to specific Sections. There, apparently, assigning to different Sections with different due dates will work. We just got this call yesterday so if you hear back from anyone that it's working for you, feel free to share back,  @Robbie_Grant ​.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

Mark,

I am going to share your question with the Canvas Admins​ and Canvas Developers​ groups. They may be abel to provide you with more insight than the general community.

Robbie

We met with our CSM yesterday about SIS Posting on Cross-listed sections and we learned that there is a known bug that could be causing some of your frustration. Instead of Assigning to each Section keep the "EVERYONE" default. Some of our teachers were Assigning to the specific Sections as directed in the Passback list of rules; however, the better action is to use the EVERYONE assign.  In classes with multiple cross-listed Sections where you want more than one due date for an Assignment assign to specific Sections. There, apparently, assigning to different Sections with different due dates will work. We just got this call yesterday so if you hear back from anyone that it's working for you, feel free to share back,  @Robbie_Grant ​.

View solution in original post