cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Participant

Posting grades into PowerSchools

Jump to solution

Some of my teachers can get some of their grades to post while other grades will not post.  I looked and she seems to be doing the same to each assignment.  Is there anything special I need to look for?  thanks.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Participant

It was a PowerSchool issue.   You must have it named something different than anything else that already exists in PowerSchool.  So if you teach that same course a couple of times a day, you can't just name an assignment Chapter 5 (for each of those courses).  It must be named something different.  For example, Chapter 5 First Period, Chapter 5 Second Period...  Thanks for all the help. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello 1373512458​...

I'll begin by stating that I have absolutely no experience with PowerSchool (I work at a Technical College), but I wanted to see if you were using the instructions outlined in this Canvas Guide: How do I publish grades to PowerSchool?  Hopefully someone with more experience using PowerSchool​ will be able to assist you with your question.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I also don't know anything about powerschool​, but am wondering if the K-12​ group in Canvas might be able to help. I'm going to go ahead and share this with them.

nlatimer
Community Champion

I am having the same problem. You should refer it to your implementation team.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

1373512458, has the advice nlatimer​ given you to contact your implementation team solved the problem? Please post back and let us know!

Community Participant

I would love to but can't get logged in

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 5:52 PM, kona@richland.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

Community Participant

It was a PowerSchool issue.   You must have it named something different than anything else that already exists in PowerSchool.  So if you teach that same course a couple of times a day, you can't just name an assignment Chapter 5 (for each of those courses).  It must be named something different.  For example, Chapter 5 First Period, Chapter 5 Second Period...  Thanks for all the help. 

View solution in original post

nlatimer
Community Champion

Recently there was an issue whereby if a teacher changed the due date of an assignment, they could not post grades to PowerSchool. This issue has been resolved. However, there are apparently some related restrictions now around due dates and posting to PowerSchool - I'll see if anyone from Instructure would care to comment.

afaulkner
Community Member

When creating the assignment, be sure to have the "Post Grades to SIS" checkbox selected which included assignments' grades when posting to your school's Student Information System.