Prerequisite courses and automatically generated reports

Jump to solution
canvassupport_i
Community Novice
  1. If there is a course on Canvas that all students are supposed to do at least once e.g (Wits Orientation) in our instance. Is it possible on the other courses to make attending this one a prerequisite? I have seen modules being a prerequisite but not an entire course. 
  2. When it comes to reports, I have noted the few that are available under a course's analytics and have read about LTI tools such as "attendance". However, are there not generated reports that could be automatically emailed to someone who may not particularly be on Canvas? For example, this report would show the assignment submission status for all students, when last the student logged in, how much time on the platform, interactivity and perhaps video watching. We would want a way to extract these reports for the Higher Education Partners – Africa staff to work with without them needing to log in. The report would then be generated automatically and sent to a partner with whom we may be working.
0 Likes
1 Solution
bneporadny
Community Champion

Hi Zandile,

Canvas does not have a feature where a student would be required to complete say an orientation course before they can continue on into their other courses. 

At this time, the type of report you're looking for is a report that is available right out of the box nor does Canvas have a functionality to send/email reports on a regular basis. If this is something you're truly needing I would recommend reaching out to your Canvas csm and talk to them about if this would be possible using Canvas's professional services via a custom report and code to email it out. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes