cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolelschrock
Community Participant

Printable quiz results?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to provide a printed version of quiz results (not simply a final score)? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@nicolelschrock ​, there is an interesting discussion and information about this issue on this Feature Idea - . Initially it might look like it's only about printing the quiz (and not the quiz with student responses), but if you keep reading it is about printing both! My recommendation is to comment and follow this so you'll be alerted to updates.

For now, I did some playing around and was able to (on a PC) go to speedgrader, right click on the quiz part of the page, select "This frame," and then "Print fame." It doesn't look real pretty and takes up a lot of paper, but it works. Something else to think about is saving it as a PDF. To do this, follow the same directions as above except when they go to actually print the frame have them choose "Adobe PDF" as the name of the printer (this would only work if your faculty have Adobe PDF or something similar loaded on their computers). When they click "ok" instead of printing it will give the person the option of where to save the PDF on their computer.

Overall my recommendation is to tell faculty to NOT print a quiz unless they absolutely need it. If a parent is coming, pull it up on their screen to go through and then only print if the parent wants a copy. OR, better yet, save the quiz to a PDF and email it to the parents if they want a copy. Same thing for IEP's. Don't print if you don't have to. I'm not sure if they have electronic IEP records (I'm in Higher Ed, not K12), but if possible just save the quizzes to PDF and electronically attach, link, save them to the student's IEP.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @nicolelschrock 

Do you mean from a student's point of view - so an individual can download their own submission with the correct answers etc? Or do you mean from the teacher's point of view - so they can download the complete set of answers given by all students?

Something that teachers could physically return to students and send home to parents with specific items missed.

Sent from my iPhone

Steve_Watts
Community Champion

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but for any quiz you can download a spreadsheet that gives details of each student's submission for that particular quiz. If you go into the quiz statistics and then click "Student Analysis" at the top, a spreadsheet will be generated.

The spreadsheet will contain one row for each student, showing the date/time they took the quiz, their response to each question and score for that question, and their overall score for the quiz. With a bit of manipulation you could extract something from this to send to each student individually. There is some information on statistics here:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2981

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @nicolelschrock ​...

I wanted to check in with you since  @Steve_Watts ​' most recent reply.  Will his solution meet your needs?  Please let us know...thanks.

I meant for teachers to have for "evidence" for IEP's and for distributing to students and parents in conference settings and beyond.  Thanks!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@nicolelschrock ​, there is an interesting discussion and information about this issue on this Feature Idea - . Initially it might look like it's only about printing the quiz (and not the quiz with student responses), but if you keep reading it is about printing both! My recommendation is to comment and follow this so you'll be alerted to updates.

For now, I did some playing around and was able to (on a PC) go to speedgrader, right click on the quiz part of the page, select "This frame," and then "Print fame." It doesn't look real pretty and takes up a lot of paper, but it works. Something else to think about is saving it as a PDF. To do this, follow the same directions as above except when they go to actually print the frame have them choose "Adobe PDF" as the name of the printer (this would only work if your faculty have Adobe PDF or something similar loaded on their computers). When they click "ok" instead of printing it will give the person the option of where to save the PDF on their computer.

Overall my recommendation is to tell faculty to NOT print a quiz unless they absolutely need it. If a parent is coming, pull it up on their screen to go through and then only print if the parent wants a copy. OR, better yet, save the quiz to a PDF and email it to the parents if they want a copy. Same thing for IEP's. Don't print if you don't have to. I'm not sure if they have electronic IEP records (I'm in Higher Ed, not K12), but if possible just save the quizzes to PDF and electronically attach, link, save them to the student's IEP.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post