cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laura_purcell
Community Member

Printing a Quiz

Jump to solution

I need to print a copy of a quiz I created in Canvas.  Is there a way to do this?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Laura,

Canvas doesn't have a great built-in way to print quizzes in a nice format.  I know of two fairly good options though.  If you happen to use or have a copy of Respondus 4.0, it allows you to import quizzes from Canvas and has the ability to generate a version formatted well to print.  They usually do have a 30 day trial on the software if you want to test it out.

A second option is to use a script developed by some people in the community which also works pretty good (and is free).  Here is a post about that script https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14094-print-canvas-quizzes-userscript 

It's a little short on the details so let me add how I made that script work for just me.

Using either Chrome or Firefox, find the settings area to add extensions and search for TamperMonkey.  Once installed, I think you can just click the link to the script from that other post above and it will install the script into your web browser.  

Rick

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Laura,

Canvas doesn't have a great built-in way to print quizzes in a nice format.  I know of two fairly good options though.  If you happen to use or have a copy of Respondus 4.0, it allows you to import quizzes from Canvas and has the ability to generate a version formatted well to print.  They usually do have a 30 day trial on the software if you want to test it out.

A second option is to use a script developed by some people in the community which also works pretty good (and is free).  Here is a post about that script https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14094-print-canvas-quizzes-userscript 

It's a little short on the details so let me add how I made that script work for just me.

Using either Chrome or Firefox, find the settings area to add extensions and search for TamperMonkey.  Once installed, I think you can just click the link to the script from that other post above and it will install the script into your web browser.  

Rick

View solution in original post