Jump to solution

How do I print in Speed grader so annotated comments are visible

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @levans4 and welcome to the Canvas Community!  This document has good directions and images showing how to download the annotated version of a document in SpeedGrader, How do I view annotation feedback comments from my instructor directly in my assignment submission? I am not sure what program you have to view PDF documents, but we have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  When I open a PDF document in this program and print, one of the option is to summarize the comments (see image below).  When selected, this creates a view that prints the comments as a summary after each page.

293490_pastedImage_3.png

I will mention that that there is a feature idea currently available that suggested a different view of the SpeedGrader comments, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10697-print-annotated-comments-from-speedgrader 

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @levans4 and welcome to the Canvas Community!  This document has good directions and images showing how to download the annotated version of a document in SpeedGrader, How do I view annotation feedback comments from my instructor directly in my assignment submission? I am not sure what program you have to view PDF documents, but we have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  When I open a PDF document in this program and print, one of the option is to summarize the comments (see image below).  When selected, this creates a view that prints the comments as a summary after each page.

293490_pastedImage_3.png

I will mention that that there is a feature idea currently available that suggested a different view of the SpeedGrader comments, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10697-print-annotated-comments-from-speedgrader 

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

normanreese
Community Member

After much struggle we have learned how to print annotated comments as displayed in canvas using Adobe Acrobat Pro: 

1. Open the file you want to print in Adobe pro

2. Find a tool called "Optimize PDF" or in older versions go to View/ Tools/ Document Processing

3. Select "Preflight" and then "Flatten annotations and form fields” then "Analyze and Fix"

4. Save it as a new file.  The file has now been "flattened" into a dumb document that prints as it displays.

5. Open the new file and print it.

You can also make a batch process by creating a "New Action" that basically goes through the same steps and saves the file with a modified file name.  Use the new action to convert selected files or a whole folder all at once.

N Reese

LeTourneau University

Thanks for the update  @normanreese   Good to know what works for AA Pro!