Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsedia

Printout of Student Grades

Is there a way for Canvas to allow a teacher to printout student grades in a manner where each student is given a grade report (assignment grades, missing assignments, scores, etc.) on paper?

Tags (1)
7 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dsedia !  Students should actually be able to do this themselves from their view of the grades tab.  There is a button at the top of their view to print.  An example of what this looks like for a test student in my sandbox course is below.

Would something like this fit your needs?

Best wishes!

292011_pastedImage_1.png

Hi  @dsedia , I neglected to mention that an instructor can access the same report by going to the grades tab and clicking on an individual student's name.  If your institution has turned on student context cards, then when you click on a student's name their data will appear in a popup window.  From there you can click "grades" on this card to access the report view above.

Thanks!

Hi! Thanks for the response and help. However, is there a way for a teacher to generate a bulk report of all students at once (not a grade book export)?

@dsedia , would the full CSV grade export work for what you are hoping to see?  You may have looked in to this option already.

How do I export grades from the Gradebook? 

How do I export grades in the New Gradebook? 

Thanks!

Not exactly. I am looking for a way to generate individual reports (like above) in bulk and print them out.

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dsedia ,

I wanted to check in as I noted that your question seems to have the community a little stumped on exactly how to do that. I don't believe it is a feature at this stage. Before delving deeper, do you still need assistance with this (please let us know, we are always happy to help)!

If you did find a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Cheers,
Stuart 

Community Champion

Dorothy, no, there is not a way to print a batch of individual student progress reports.  You would have to click on each student's name and print.  I used to be able to do this before Canvas, but Canvas does not have this functionality.