Top Navigation menu under construction from 9:30am to 4:30pm MDT. For more information or tips for finding Community content, click here.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tross
Community Champion

Problem using groups in assignments

Jump to solution

I have been testing groups.    The majority of our courses have multiple sections.   I have the group set and groups created and all students are in the group.  When I use the groups on an assignment, I get the warning the guide mentions about adding other sections but since all students are in a group, I click continue.  The problem is it doesn't continue and it doesn't save the assignment.  What am I missing?   How do I get an assignment to work with the groups.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tross
Community Champion

FYI - this has turned out to be a bug.   If you want to assign different dates to groups, you have to add the group options to the assignment and save it.  Then you go back in and add the due dates.  Works then but otherwise will not work.  Confirmed from support.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tross
Community Champion

FYI - this has turned out to be a bug.   If you want to assign different dates to groups, you have to add the group options to the assignment and save it.  Then you go back in and add the due dates.  Works then but otherwise will not work.  Confirmed from support.

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Anyone currently using group assignments in Canvas, or wanting to learn more, will want to check out the new CanvasLIVE "GROUPIES" series, kicking off this Tuesday, January 31, 2017 with GROUPIES: Group Assignments. RSVP “yes” if you will be there--and if you’re interested, but your schedule doesn’t allow you to attend in real time, RSVP "no" or "maybe" to receive all event updates. Your RSVP ensures that you will receive a notification should the event be cancelled or changed.