Problem with 2 Home Pages

Jump to solution
soniamaga
Community Novice

I imported a Home Page to an existing Sandbox course in which I had already set up a Home Page and want to keep. The imported page I would like to use as a weekly agenda, and I renamed it as such. When I click on "All Pages", I can see it, and I clicked "publish" to all the pages there. However, I can't access it to move to the Modules is only a template at this point which I haven't yet populated)

What steps should I follow?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @soniamaga  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

If I understand correctly what you are asking, you have imported a page that you want to use in your modules as a weekly agenda in each module. Correct? If so, then I assume that the content in the page will change with every module, and that means you will need to make copies of the page, one for each module, then appropriately name them like: Week One Agenda, Week Two Agenda, etc. When you duplicate the page, Canvas will give it the same name as the original but append "copy 1", "Copy 2", "Copy 3" etc. to each title. Looks something like this on your Pages Index...........

351980_pastedImage_1.png

You can edit the titles appropriately from your Pages index, or when you load them into each module.  The following guides will help you through the process.

I do something similar in my own courses, and have created many page templates for that purpose, and I also use my Module's Introduction page (similar to your "Agenda" as the new Front page in my courses each week. Since a course can only have a single Front Page, I simply go in each week and designate my Module Intro to be my new Front Page https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26409-how-do-i-set-a-front-page-in-a-course 

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes