Problem with AM/PM when setting time in assignment due dates

Jump to solution
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

We've encountered a bug in the assignment tool, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. It occurs when setting the due date or availability date. If a time is entered and PM selected from the dropdown list, it actually saves as AM.

For example: In the calendar used to specify the due date/time, set a date and enter 5:00 as the time. Then choose PM from the dropdown list. After clicking "Done" to save the changes, it displays simply as 5:00 and if you go back in to edit the due date/time, it is showing as 5:00 AM.

A workaround is to enter the time in 24Hr format, for example as 17:00 PM. This is fine as long as you don't open it up again to edit the details, as this will cause it to revert to 5:00 AM.

I suspect this appeared during the last production update as I know there were a few other bugs at that time. I'm not sure if it's a known issue so I've logged a support ticket but I'm interested to know if it's affecting anybody else.

1 Solution
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Apparently it's because we're using UK English - which seems the sensible thing to do as we're in the UK. No offence to any US community members but personally I prefer UK English. Smiley Wink

There was actually a discussion (which I missed) about a similar issue quite recently:

https://community.canvaslms.com/message/14570

I'm not in the office for the rest of this week so haven't had chance to try it out with different language settings, I'll discuss it with my team when I get back next week.

View solution in original post