cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leslie_lewis
Community Participant

Problem with Microsoft 365 Docs & Newsela Loading

So, Leslie showed me during faculty meeting how to attach files using office 365 cloud assignment 365 online so it's easier for students to submit assignments. However, I've had a few students who only have a "Load" button and it never loads for them. They will press it many times and an error will occur. Some students this happens every assignment, sometimes it happens to random students that previously had access. I've had them log onto office 365 lti 365, switch to Google Chrome, turn off their computers, etc. etc. and nothing works.

Any suggestions? Once I choose "#external_tools tool" on submission types, there's no other submission possibilities so the kids have to go to my website and downloaded the notes off there (and email them to me, a struggle) or I have to print it out on paper for them. This tool seems wonderful if it worked 100% of the time.
8 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @leslie_lewis ,

I wanted to check in as I noted that your question seems to have the community a little stumped. I am sure by now you will have found a possible solution or workaround through some of your own additional sleuthing? If not, do you still need assistance with this (please let us know, we are always happy to help)!

If you did find a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Cheers,
Stuart 

No. This problem has not been resolved.

Cheers,

Leslie Lewis

Educational Technology Facilitator

M.Ed. - Instructional Design & Educational Technology

801-578-8405

@MaripoZel – Twitter

Bonneville | Clayton MS | East HS | Edison | Franklin | Horizonte HS | Nibley Park | Whittier

Hi  @leslie_lewis ,

Thank you for the update, for the students who see this issue, do they all use a similar type of computer (i.e. Mac VS PC), or might they have similar security/antivirus software installed? 

I am trying to think of what trends might link them all together, it could be browsers, plugins, anything along those lines.

Cheers,
Stuart

same PC same antivirus same filter

I don't know about the browser. I'll ask.

Awesome I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Stuart

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @leslie_lewis ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since your conversation back in February/March 2019 with  @stuart_ryan ‌.  While I don't have any information to share myself, were you able to find out any additional information that might help to resolve your question?  If so, would you be willing to share that with us here in this topic?  Or, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please let us know that, too.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you.

Also, I noticed your name here in the Community doesn't have your first/last name displayed.  Please review the "Be you" section under "The Community Guidelines" of this document: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14881-75187841090 

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

ErodriguezSCMS
Community Member

Can you please share your solution to this problem? I am running into the same issue with my students.