Profile Pictures Won't Load

Jump to solution
shapedhistory
Community Novice

I've already cleared my cache and cookies and verified I have no data at all but I still can't upload a profile picture (and yes, other students in the class have and can do so). It attaches and then saves indefinitely while never saving. 

3 Solutions
stuart_ryan
Community Novice

Hi  @ssweeney818  and  @b_mceachran ,

From the widely differing occurrences of this, I wonder whether it may be something on your accounts that requires deeper assistance from Canvas Support.

I would recommend jumping into the Help menu in Canvas and either 'Reporting a Problem' or doing a Live Chat with support. The great thing here is they will be able to see a number of details about your environment and have access to your school's instances which means they can assist you further.

If you do talk with them and find a resolution, it would be great to come back and share teh solution or cause with the community, so others that face this in future know what they need to do.

Hope that helps!

Stuart

View solution in original post

b_mceachran
Community Novice

Ok, someone in my class figured it out. Go to settings, click on verify your account, you'll get an email sent to you to verify. Once this is done you can upload your picture. Now I had already done this once, the second time proved to work just fine. 

edernoga718
Community Novice

I had this problem too. To fix it I had to go into Files. Here you will see all of your uploaded files for canvas, including profile photos. You have a 52MB maximum for all uploaded files. Down at the bottom it will show you how much of your storage is currently in use. I didn’t realize it but I had an attachment from my previous semester taking up all of my storage. Once I deleted that attachment file it freed up plenty of space to upload a profile pic. Hope this helps someone else!