cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shapedhistory
Community Member

Profile Pictures Won't Load

Jump to solution

I've already cleared my cache and cookies and verified I have no data at all but I still can't upload a profile picture (and yes, other students in the class have and can do so). It attaches and then saves indefinitely while never saving. 

Tags (3)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ssweeney818  and  @b_mceachran ,

From the widely differing occurrences of this, I wonder whether it may be something on your accounts that requires deeper assistance from Canvas Support.

I would recommend jumping into the Help menu in Canvas and either 'Reporting a Problem' or doing a Live Chat with support. The great thing here is they will be able to see a number of details about your environment and have access to your school's instances which means they can assist you further.

If you do talk with them and find a resolution, it would be great to come back and share teh solution or cause with the community, so others that face this in future know what they need to do.

Hope that helps!

Stuart

View solution in original post

b_mceachran
Community Member

Ok, someone in my class figured it out. Go to settings, click on verify your account, you'll get an email sent to you to verify. Once this is done you can upload your picture. Now I had already done this once, the second time proved to work just fine. 

edernoga718
Community Member

I had this problem too. To fix it I had to go into Files. Here you will see all of your uploaded files for canvas, including profile photos. You have a 52MB maximum for all uploaded files. Down at the bottom it will show you how much of your storage is currently in use. I didn’t realize it but I had an attachment from my previous semester taking up all of my storage. Once I deleted that attachment file it freed up plenty of space to upload a profile pic. Hope this helps someone else! 

8 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @shapedhistory ,

That is rather unusual, can you please tell us what operating system and version you are using as well as which web browser and version?

Another good test you can do (if you are having problems with one browser) is to try another browser on your system. Do you find that you get this same issue on more than one browser, or only one over another?

I look forward to hearing from you!
Stuart

I also have this problem. I have cleared my cache several times and used two different browsers to no avail. I have quit and restarted my computer and my browsers, and logged out and back in again, and nothing has worked. I can't even use Gravatar - that image won't load onto Canvas either. I have a MacBook air using OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 and Safari version 10.1.2. I need to upload a picture for a grade in a class, so please get back to me as soon as you can.

b_mceachran
Community Member

Same issue here, I have tried the same things and two different computers. I click save and it doesn't do anything. I did learn once I close that box and go to my files, then profile picture it is there and says its published, but does not show up on my dashboard that I have a profile pic.

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ssweeney818  and  @b_mceachran ,

From the widely differing occurrences of this, I wonder whether it may be something on your accounts that requires deeper assistance from Canvas Support.

I would recommend jumping into the Help menu in Canvas and either 'Reporting a Problem' or doing a Live Chat with support. The great thing here is they will be able to see a number of details about your environment and have access to your school's instances which means they can assist you further.

If you do talk with them and find a resolution, it would be great to come back and share teh solution or cause with the community, so others that face this in future know what they need to do.

Hope that helps!

Stuart

b_mceachran
Community Member

Ok, someone in my class figured it out. Go to settings, click on verify your account, you'll get an email sent to you to verify. Once this is done you can upload your picture. Now I had already done this once, the second time proved to work just fine. 

edernoga718
Community Member

I had this problem too. To fix it I had to go into Files. Here you will see all of your uploaded files for canvas, including profile photos. You have a 52MB maximum for all uploaded files. Down at the bottom it will show you how much of your storage is currently in use. I didn’t realize it but I had an attachment from my previous semester taking up all of my storage. Once I deleted that attachment file it freed up plenty of space to upload a profile pic. Hope this helps someone else! 

Thank you so much it finally worked

JacobEarnhardt
Community Member

I'm having the same problem, but the fact that all of my classes have to do with media (e.g. pictures, videos, etc.), my storage has now reached 3,573% full... big numbers, I know.

So my question is, if all of my assignment submissions are taking up all of my storage, then why can't I delete them? That doesn't make any sense at all.