cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kerry_nolte
Community Member

Program reports from Canvas outcome assessment

We are looking into resources for curriculum mapping and considering going through Canvas or other vendors. None of the other vendors integrate with Canvas that we can find. Has anyone used outcomes for program reports? I would love to see what is generated by those reports. 

Specifically we are nursing program and would love to connect with a nursing program who is using Canvas outcome assessment for CCNE accreditation reports. 

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @kerry_nolte ‌...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered since the middle of April.  While I don't necessarily have an answer for you myself, I wanted to check in with you to see if you've been able to find any answers on your own since you first posted this question to the Canvas Community website.  If so, would you be willing to share your findings with the Community?  Or, if you are still looking for some help and/or feedback, please let us know that by posting a message below.  Thanks Kerry...looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

Thanks for following up Chris!

I haven't been able to find much on this. If you have any ideas that would be wonderful. For our accreditation reporting we would ideally like to be able to integrate 'Outcomes' to gather program competency reporting. It seems like this is challenge in the current Canvas configuration and we would need to have assignments and then have separate assignments that are connected to outcomes but ideally this would be more integrated. 

We are looking at outside programs to map our curriculum and report to accreditors unless we can integrate it in Canvas.

Hi  @kerry_nolte ‌...

I thought that I would check in with you once more time because it's been about two months since any new activity in this thread.  While we do have a nursing program at our Technical College, I'm not aware that our nursing faculty have been using the "Outcomes" feature that's available in Canvas...so I wouldn't be able to speak to that, unfortunately.  Hopefully, by checking in with you, someone else from the Community may see this discussion and have some feedback to share with you.  For now, since there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for two months, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've been able to find an answer, but because of topic inactivity.  This won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below, however.  I hope that's okay with you, Kerry.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

aspaeth
Community Member

I, too, have this question.  Our institution is using AIS (external software) to construct assessment reports.  It just seems like there is this gaping hole ready to be filled, to link Canvas Outcome data with some kind of curriculum map that generates assessment reports for accreditation, like AIS.