cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asbridge_5

Published Class but "Unauthorized to Access" When Clicked

Jump to solution

301714_Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 10.30.08 AM.png

Although a course is "Published" in My Course list for my school semester that starts tomorrow, it says I am unauthorized to view it. It is only for one course. I can click the other published courses and view their content. Does anyone know what to do? I have sent a help request to Canvas (waiting for a response) and have just emailed the professor.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @asbridge_5  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I've answered a couple very similar questions about the "unauthorized" message recently, so I will point you to both of those discussions:

Unauthorized Popup 

https://community.canvaslms.com/message/130517-unauthorized-error-message 

You can also use the search tool at the top of any page here in the Community to search for previously answered questions that may be similar to what you are asking.  For example, the two links I've provided above are some of the first results you'd see when typing in the word "unauthorized" (without the quotation marks).

I hope this information will be of help to you, Rebecca.  Good luck with your courses this semester!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @asbridge_5  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I've answered a couple very similar questions about the "unauthorized" message recently, so I will point you to both of those discussions:

Unauthorized Popup 

https://community.canvaslms.com/message/130517-unauthorized-error-message 

You can also use the search tool at the top of any page here in the Community to search for previously answered questions that may be similar to what you are asking.  For example, the two links I've provided above are some of the first results you'd see when typing in the word "unauthorized" (without the quotation marks).

I hope this information will be of help to you, Rebecca.  Good luck with your courses this semester!